Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone

Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone  - J.K. Rowling

I don't care that millions of people rate and review this book, or that nobody will probably ever read it; I'm writing it, because I love this book enough to do it anyway.

I read this first when I was twelve, I think, and devoured all the way through the fourth one in three days. I'm a slow reader. I can only finish books that fast if they happen to be something as amazingly, incredibly phenomenal as Harry Potter. I still reread this a couple times a year, and I don't get tired of it. Ever.

Harry Potter and the Socerer's Stone (I'm American) is a beautiful, charming book that wheedles its way into your heart and sticks there, forever. I've read a lot of books about fantasy and magic, but not many are as magical as this one. The characters are true and glowing with life, the story beautifully told, the settings perfect in every way. This book makes me smile just thinking about it, and I'm not given to random facial expressions. The lines between good and evil are bold and clear, but not black and white; human nature is represented in all its moods and facets, with all the grace of the painter's smoothest brushstroke. Nothing is jarring or misplaced or even slightly off-putting, and there aren't many books I can say that about.

In short, J.K. Rowling deserves all the attention she's gotten, just for writing this book alone.

Source: http://breakraven.booklikes.com/post/221047/harry-potter-and-the-sorcerer-s-stone