SPOILER ALERT!

Slam Dunk, Tome 11

Slam Dunk, Vol. 11 - Takehiko Inoue

THEY WON THEY WON THEY WON THEY WON THEY WON! Shohoku won!

This match was so awesome I can't even.....

Oh, I think I've decided that I like Mitsui now. At least, I love him while he's playing. I hope he's still awesome when he's not playing, and it was just a glitch with my brain that kept me from liking him until now. I'll have to see.

As always, the dialogue between these characters is absolutely one-hundred-percent priceless. I just can't get over how much I've laughed at them all. And the characters, they're so perfect. I love them all so much. I could watch Akagi and Sakuragi be jerks to each other all day. Or Rukawa and Sakuragi. Or Ryota and Sakuragi. Or any of them, really.

There's this one scene in this volume where Rukawa actually walks up to Sakuragi and asks him a civil question - he just wants to know what Sakuragi's afraid of, and what's holding him back. Of course he tilts his head and looks all arrogant about it - he's goading Sakuragi, trying to make him give everything he's got (and maybe to get him kicked out of the game, too).

But Sakuragi just explodes. For once Rukawa said something to him that wasn't an outright taunt, and Sakuragi just hears the part where he was accused of being afraid - like an echo, over and over and over again - and.....I can't even.....

Sorry. There's just no way I can describe these people with words.

Source: http://breakraven.booklikes.com/post/438194/slam-dunk-tome-11