Slam Dunk, Tome 5

Slam Dunk, Vol. 5 - Takehiko Inoue

I'm seriously in love with this series. And with a lot of the characters. Even some characters I was originally positive that I wouldn't like, I adore now.

I've decided that Kogure is my favorite of the guys, although I think I love them all. I love Rukawa, who's one of those I was certain I would never like. And Sendoh is amazing - even when his main goal in life is to stamp the Shohoku team into dust, he still manages to be a good sport about it. He still manages to be friendly about it. I think that's why sports never really appealed to me: because it's too rare when a player can lose and just laugh it off, pat the other guy on the back, and say, "Good job, you bested me!" I don't know Sendoh well enough yet to say he's like that, but he reminds me of that, and that's why I love him.

Haruko is my favorite character over all, though - even when she's not around much, she still manages to be the highest level of awesome. Really, I'm awed by this girl's ability to stay on the sidelines and still be the best one out there.

This volume was still all about the practice game, and I still don't know who wins it! I hate cliffhangers. But when you're in the middle of reading it, it doesn't feel like a practice game. It feels like the whole world's at stake, or something.

I'm going to stop teasing my sports-obsessed family members about their hobbies, now. Maybe.

Source: http://breakraven.booklikes.com/post/460830/slam-dunk-tome-5