Fullmetal Alchemist, Vol. 16 - Hiromu Arakawa Most of this volume - not all of it - was transitional stuff. That tells me that something very, very bad is going to happen in the next volume...

Hey, there are new characters introduced here! Not sure about Armstrong's sister yet, she could either be awesome or annoying as time goes on. Knowing this manga, I'm going to guess she'll be awesome. And the non-Ishvalan with the red eyes should be awesome, too. He'd better not die immediately.

In this story the good guys are good, the bad guys are bad, and even though it's not all BLACK and WHITE and the characters are all human (ha! If they are human) enough to have a mix of both, it's nice to think that for once I actually know whose side I'm on. Also, this manga stamps on racism every step of the way, without lecturing about it. It's really beautifully executed, I love it so much. I love being able to cheer and cry for these characters. I love watching them be silly and clueless. I love watching them figure things out before I do. I love watching them laugh and scowl and argue.

But the ending! There's maybe a new homunculus jumping in, and it ends right there? Grrr. How unfair.

Oh, and yes. Yoki needs to die. I love Scar and I love Mei and Marcoh is hideously whiny, but at least he serves a purpose. But I want Yoki dead. Now would be good.

And Hohenheim wasn't in this volume! Yay!

Look at that cover! Just look at it. I'm having trouble tearing my eyes off of it long enough to write this review.