Fullmetal Alchemist, Vol. 13 - Hiromu Arakawa A lot of monsters and blood and despair in this volume. Not that I mind, since it's all completely awesome...

Look at that cover. Just take a second to stare at it for me. In fact, here, I'll force you to:

description

Isn't it one of the coolest things you've ever seen? Look at those colors, and that eyeball, and those shadows, and that cloak, and...and...

I'm in love. Seriously. With that cover, with this series, with these characters.

Except for stinking Hohemheim. I knew he was a villain, but I tried not to think about Arakawa actually making him the villain because I don't like him and I don't want him to keep reappearing. Although I have to say, all the traits that the homunculi are named for do fit him perfectly...

Envy and Gluttony are awesome, by the way. I wanted to repeat that in case it sounds like I don't like the villains in this series. I do, they're really an incredible set of nasties.

Oh yeah, and Ling is officially somewhere on my favorites list now. I'm not sure how he turned awesome so fast, but he did. I hope he stays that way. And I hope Lan Fan comes back soon, too, because I like her.

Somebody had better get in there and help out Roy, or else. OR ELSE. And Riza, dang it. If she ends up going where I think she's going, I won't be happy. Somebody had better lend her a hand.