Hush, Hush - Becca Fitzpatrick I read this book a long time ago, and honestly I don't remember all of it now. I only remember the parts that I hated the absolute most, and a few random bits and pieces.

I remember the opening scene. Biology class. There were naked Barbie and Ken dolls tacked onto the wall for display. The biology teacher spent time not teaching these kids about biology, but insisting that they explain in front of the entire class what traits they find attractive in a romantic partner. He even went so far as to single out the heroine, Nora, and her classmate, Patch, and he tried to set up some kind of sick matchmaking session then and there.

Later in the book, Nora actually goes to this same teacher and tells him that Patch is being a serious creeper and making her uncomfortable. She says MORE THAN ONCE that she doesn't want to sit anywhere near him, and this teacher blows her off every time. Blows her off. Totally ignores her, like it's not his job to deal with things like this?!

Whaaaa? A guy like that would never get a job as a teacher, I'm sorry. That's so disgusting it's beyond belief.

I remember Nora misreading a traffic light when she was behind the wheel of a car, and thinking I, the reader, wouldn't notice.

I remember that Patch is an abusive, possessive creep who tried to force himself on Nora more than once.

I remember that Nora is just as much of a creep as he is, and she's even stupider, if that's possible. She stalked him even worse than he stalked her - she followed him around, checked up on him regularly, illegally looked into his background, and did everything except pickpocket him to see what he carried around in his pockets. Also, on a scale of 1-10 in sheer stupidity, she's a 15. She never figured out the most obvious clues. She was practically beaten with a club and dragged by her hair every time Patch decided to kiss her, he'd bring her into these nasty, dirty, creepy places and he'd corner her when she refused him, and she thought it was . . . attractive?

I mentioned that she also doesn't know the basic rules of traffic, right?

Another thing that really bothered me about this book - one of the main plot elements explains that Patch can possess his "vessel" or whatever they called it, once a year. His "vessel" is a human being who is made immortal because he serves Patch once a year. Nora is this vessel's descendant, and if Patch the fallen angel wants to get back into Heaven, he has to kill Nora and his vessel.

Okay, okay. Christian theology aside, they act in this book like God is the good guy. Then HOW can killing two of his beloved children, these humans that he adores, be a good thing?! Why would murder get you back into Heaven? WHY?!

And yes, Nora does in fact know that Patch wants to kill her. AND SHE STILL THINKS SHE'S IN LOVE WITH HIM.

Ugh.