Cast in Peril - Michelle Sagara, Michelle Sagara West I thought I reviewed this one before, but evidently I was mistaken.

As always, I don't have much to say about it. It was good, I liked it. Like the last . . . seven, I think . . . books in the series, it didn't bring much new material to the table. The plot was predictable, the characters were predictable, the conversations were ninety-eight-percent just about stuff I'd read in previous books.

I do like the familiar though, he's adorable. And as always, Nightshade is completely amazing. If she chooses Severn and dismisses Nightshade, I will personally rearrange her brain. I like Severn, but he's always the same, and he's never exceptional the way Nightshade is.

This book's main distinguishing feature is the ending. Without giving away any spoilers, it's the first book in the series that isn't a stand-alone. It actually cuts off in the middle of the plot, and lines up the sequel. I'm not sure how I feel about this, it caught me off-guard, but if Sagara executes it well and continues with the trend, I'll be quite happy.