The Name of the Wind (Kingkiller Chronicle, #1) - Patrick Rothfuss This book is truly amazing. I just adore epic fantasy, but I'll be the first person to admit that most or a lot of it falls into the overworked, been-there-done-that category.

Not so, The Name of the Wind.

This book has everything--humor, action, beauty, tragedy, sorrow and joy, death and destruction and hope...it's one of very few books of this length that I read in two days, because I just could not put it down. When I was one hundred pages from the end, it occurred to me that most of the pages were in my left hand, and that there wasn't going to be much more of the book, and I wanted to scream, "Noooo! I'm not READY!!!"

This book is a wonder, truly. Every little facet of it enriches the characters and the plot and the world it's all set in. Everything makes me want to smile or smirk or scowl. Kvothe and Bast are already two of my favorite characters EVER. I'm sure a lot of the storytelling was irrelevant, but it didn't seem like it at all--my eyes might as well have been glued to the pages.

I don't normally say this in my reviews, but--read it. Seriously. I can almost promise with 100% certainty that you will LOVE it.