Making Model Transport Vehicles - Peter Fairhurst Looking back and rereading this book now, I see the problems that I didn't when I was seven years old and my mother was reading it aloud to me. The language is dated and terribly cheesy, and there are little conveniences and twists in characters' personalities that shouldn't have been there.

However.

I have loved this book, and it's loved me back, since before I could read it silently to myself. It's beautiful and inspiring for what it is, and it was written so sweetly, and with such good intention, that I can't help but still smile at it. This book may not be the ultimate example of literature anymore, but I must say, it's special in a way that not many books are these days. And it's every child's dream--at least it was mine--to step into a closet and out into Narnia, and become a hero and royalty there, to see and serve Aslan and to converse with the animals. This book is wonderful in so many different ways, little issues like those I mentioned above don't even matter--all books, after all, have plot-holes and conveniences. All of them. It's a thing that book-lovers learn to look around, I think, mostly without even realizing it.

C.S. Lewis was, and is, a genius and a marvel. He and the Chronicles of Narnia will always have a special place in my heart. And this first book is my favorite of the series, so it's closer than most.